Join Our Team!
Cable 14 is currently accepting applications for the following position.
Cable 14 - Hamilton has an exciting opportunity for a motivated self-starter with a passion for all aspects of television production. This role is responsible for the production and creation of relevant local programming.
- Pre-Production: Responsible for script development, set design, as well as booking talent, resources, crew, and equipment. Verifies all copyright, legal, regulatory and company requirements are met. Completes site checks for location shoots to verify production requirements and a safe working environment. Communicates air date to all involved.
- Production: Coordinates, and executes mobile, ENG or EFP, and studio productions. Provides complete coaching and training for crew, including volunteers, coop students, and community members. Follows prescribed production standards.
- Post-Production: Responsible for post-production activities, including editing, producing program promo, and post-production review with the crew; ensuring all production deadlines are met and paperwork is completed in database. Ensures all production resources are returned to proper location and production areas are neat and organized. Promptly notifies relevant staff if there are any problems with equipment.
- Training: Identifies all opportunities for training before, during and after production. Works alongside coop students and volunteer crew demonstrating production techniques. Establishes a positive environment for crew to learn and grow in their roles assisting them in expanding their television production skills.
- Safety: Adheres to all company and industry safety standards. Promotes safe working practices. Completes all necessary forms and reports any deficiencies or occurrences immediately. Stays current with all necessary safety training. Is a “competent person” as defined by the health and safety legislation.
- College Diploma or combination of equivalent education and experience
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or certificate in television production or related experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in television production is required
- A strong and well-documented background in remote/mobile production would be preferred
- Strong technical and equipment trouble-shooting skills would be considered an asset
- Community television experience would be preferred
If you are supremely confident in your abilities and desire to succeed in this challenging role, please submit a cover letter, current resume and link to your demo reel no later than 5:00 pm (local time) on Tuesday, October 29, 2019, via the Apply Now link below.
Cable 14 is a local specialty channel showcasing the Greater Hamilton area as the best place to live, work, play and learn, by promoting innovation, engaging citizens and providing an avenue for diverse voices and alternative choices. We are included at no additional charge with a cable television subscription to Cogeco or Rogers Cable. Our viewing area includes Hamilton, Ancaster, Dundas, Binbrook, Stoney Creek, and parts of Flamborough, as well as the surrounding communities of Caledonia, Cayuga, Dunnville, and Hagersville. Cable 14 is also available in high definition on Cogeco 814, Rogers 214, and Source 714 in Hamilton & Haldimand, as well as online at www.cable14now.com