Join Our Team!
Cable 14 is currently accepting applications for the following positions.
(Part-time, shift work, commencing immediately)
The Simulcast Operator is responsible for the execution of simultaneous program substitutions (or NDS Substitutions) on various Broadcast Distribution Undertakings (BDU) in the Hamilton, Burlington/Oakville, and Niagara region as well as remote systems throughout the Cogeco Ontario and Quebec territories. Simulcast Operators also provide front-line support for key Business, Programming, and Administrative operations. Operators are required to be flexible, versatile and extremely focused and accurate in the execution of their responsibilities.
- Part-Time operators will be able to fill-in and execute in specific workgroups (Simulcast, Master Control, Production) where required and where individual skill-sets allow. Shift hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Accurately monitor, intervene and schedule live system switches for the contracted Broadcast Distribution Undertakings as needed, maintaining a high degree of accuracy and detail while completing multiple tasks.
- Prepare and maintain all Simulcast logging requirements ensuring that event schedules are imported and reviewed for accuracy as required.
- Provide key Business Support Roles such as answering telephones and greeting guests with a professional and courteous manner.
- Understand and execute current troubleshooting and communication protocols in the event of any unforeseen technical or network programming issue.
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Television Production, Communication, Journalism or Multi-media from an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent experience or training.
- Must possess a valid Class “G” Ontario driver’s license.
Effort and Working Conditions
- Sensory Attention: Prolonged periods of sustained concentration at television and computer monitors.
- Physical Environment: Prolonged periods of sitting in a controlled environment. Production responsibilities may include exterior and on-location environments when required.
- Mental Effort: Frequent interruptions and change of activities. Ability to multitask. Regular daily deadlines and multiple demands from staff and various external and internal sources.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and your current resume no later than 5:00 pm (local time) October 30, 2020.